The Engaging News Project has released its 2016 Annual Report, which outlines the project’s research and accomplishments from last year.
Highlights of the report include:
- ENP released 10 research reports on issues facing the news industry. These reports cover topics such as civility in online comment sections, solutions journalism and the influence of “clickbait headlines.”
- We hosted our first Social Media Summit with the University of Texas School of Journalism.
- ENP received the Bill Eadie Distinguished Award for a Scholarly Article from the Applied Communication Division of the National Communication Association.
- The team redesigned the Quiz Creator and created “Engaging Buttons,” which give organizations a “Respect” button on their websites.
- We met with more than 100 journalists to discuss how they could use ENP research practices and online tools.
Click here to view the full report.